2/3/10

What I get to wake up to...

This morning I woke up, tired as can be, to Riley fussing of hunger. (I say fussing, because she honestly does not really ever cry... she just fusses so cute!!) So I get up, make her a bottle, put her next to me in bed and start feeding it to her. then I look at her, and I just see this little baby girl who is so perfect in every single way. She was looking up at the light, and as tired as I was, and as badly as I wanted to just fall asleep feeding her, I could't stop staring at her. I just looked at her, with my brain racing of all the things she makes me want to be. And of how this little girl, who I have only known for three month, makes so much of who I am. I can't get over how in love with her I am. And how much she makes my life complete. I never could have imagined the way being a mother would have been. I did think of it, honestly probably every single day since I was 12, and I thought that it was going to be the best thing in the world. I did not know, however, and I could not comprehend how much I would love my baby though. And how spiritual as well as wonderful it is being a mom.




And then she pops the bottle out and looks at me with her perfect face. And I can't help but think I have the most beautiful mornings every day, because this is what I get every morning!


2 comments:

Tasha said...

Start with a small blog goal - spend 3o min doing it, just one Sunday afternoon a month. Or maybe two per month. We love seeing the updates!!

Riley is definitely a precious gift!

Megan said...

oh caitlin!! she is so so so so adorable!! i just wanna kiss her cheeks off!!!! i need you to come see me soon! or i might die!