8/25/10

The real meaning

I went to visit one of my best friends Beth today who just had a baby. He is absolutely adorable. I brought back all these feelings of right after I had Riley. All those pure love and innocent feelings you have when you have a baby.
After I had Riley I had never felt so close to the spirit before, or felt the spirit so strong in my life. She brings so much pure joy into my heart every second of every day. As I was driving home, she kept blabbing on and on, so I looked over at her and she just kept giving me these huge smiles. So I started singing to her a little bit cause I could tell she was tired, and her eyes kept getting heavier and heavier until she fell asleep. So since I was driving a single cab truck and she was sitting right next to me I was rubbing her soft cheeks as she layed there asleep and content. I had this just overwhelming feeling of so much love, and the pure love of Christ. So once i got home i pulled her out of the car seat and carried into her bed.

Ive been sitting here on the computer since she has been asleep and I stumbled across THIS post that just broke my heart, but made me feel that same feeling again.

After I cried for a while I just sat here thinking. And thinking about this mom who had lost her husband in a tragic accident. And how strong and happy she still looked. It made me feel so grateful to know that if anything happened to my family, I know that I am going to be with them again. And that they are in a happy place. That Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ know all things, and that I am never going to be handed something in life that I cannot bear. Because with their help and my faith I can endure anything. I am so grateful for the wonderful man that I am married to. He is such a strong person, who works hard and who is so loving to me and our daughter. I am so lucky to have my beautiful Riley, and for the way she can look at me and just melt my heart, and how just one happy face, or one beatiful sleeping girl can put my life back into perspective. I feel like I get so distracted by life and stress and money and cleaning and cooking, that sometimes I forget the real meaning of life. We are all here for a certain reason, to get a body, to live Christ like, and to share the gospel (and then all the things that fall in between) So that we can return to Christ one day! And I cannot wait for that day! To be with all of my family for the rest of eternity!







2 comments:

Cami said...

Thank you so much for posting your thoughts. I needed to hear this today. It is so wonderful to have the knowledge of Eternal families. You are a beautiful mother!

Bethany said...

I love you, Cait!