4/22/11

Day #2:

When you knew he was the one: self explanatory.. but how and when did you know?

This is actually a really hard question for me, cause I don't to sound dumb and be like 'it was love at first sight'! But honestly for me, even when Nate was on his mission, I always felt something different towards him than I have ever felt before. I think that it was Heavenly father telling me that something was really special about this boy. And if I wouldn't have done certain things, like run to my mom and rush her to invite them over when Nate came back to visit, or go to California when he invited me, even though it scared me to death to go somewhere I don't know and spend an a week with people I don't know (B/c under normal circumstances I would NEVER do anything like that!!) But if I wouldn't have done all those things I don't think me and Nate would have ever gotten married.

But then when I went out to California, the feeling I had when I was with him, just talking about life, and talking about what I want out of life, and what he wanted, I felt so right about him! And I came home seriously thinking that it was going to work out. When it didn't at first, it was actually really hard for me! I know that sounds so dumb! Like I was just some young girl with a big crush thinking 'OH I am going to marry him!' But as time went on, he was ALWAYS in the back of my head!

After he came down to visit for a week and then moved back and that first night he took me out and pretty much proposed to me. I remember sitting there, sorta like I was in this dream, and the man who I wanted to marry was now professing his love to me! I just remember feeling so special, and I was just imagining every day of the rest of my life with Nate, and as he sat there telling me he wanted to marry me, I knew that he was the one! Ha I dont know why I said the things I did after he told me he wanted to marry me. I was honestly just so scared. I dont know why I was so scared! I was just terrified that I knew now who I was going to marry and that it was happening so fast! But I would say that that was the night that I knew with everything in me that he was the one!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Isn't that crazy to think about how DIFFERENT things would be if we went to Disneyland after graduation!? Good thing good ol' Madame Renard convinced you to go with Nate to the lake house! I remember she said something like "If you don't go, you will never know what you would have missed out on!"