4/22/11

Day 3:
Proposal: how it happened, how long were you engaged for? was it a total surprise? pictures of that... etc

Ummmm.... hahaha the proposal was nothing big at all. I feel bad saying that cause I feel bad for Nate, cause I am a really hard girl to surprise!
But... we were already technically engaged when we got engaged! B/c I am a picky girl I was picky on my ring. So we got it custom made which took forever!!! So we had already been telling people we were engaged for months when he "officially" proposed! So for a few nights I guess he kept trying to surprise me, but I always knew he was up to something, so I was all nosey and trying to figure everything out! So I guess I ruined the FUN proposal! And Nate knew I was really anxious to get the ring, just decided to propose!
So one morning, I woke up about 6am to a light shining in my face, and Nate saying "look at it, look at it". He said I looked like a zombie waking up, but my excuse is that you cant be woken up with a light shining in your face! I couldn't even see anything! So after a few seconds of getting my vision back! There was Nate kneeling next to me, with the ring in the box(with a light, hence the light) and him saying over and over, "look at it!" So i looked at the ring, and it was more beautiful than I could have imagined! So Nate told me to put it on, so I did, but you know how your fingers are swollen in the morning?? Ya well it didn't fit! He started freaking out and I was trying to calm him down while happy freaking out that I got the ring! And I could wear it now! (not yet since my fingers needed to unswell) Ha so there is Nate laying on the ground all mad that he finally gets me the ring and it doesn't fit! And then he stops, and says, "Oh ya, will you marry me?" Hahah and we both just laughed! So that's our proposal story!

Oh and we were engaged for 4 months! Longest engagement EVER!!! Don't recommend a long engagement to anyone! Not fun! I just wanted to be married! My mom suggested that we get married a month and a half earlier than our set date, but I was a little nervous, cause I guess people were gonna think I was crazy and I guess I thought b/c we didn't date long at all, that I needed to have a longer engagement. She told me I was going to regret it! And boy oh boy did I regret it when that time came around!!!

I don't have any pictures of the proposal, but I have this picture from when we were engaged, and Ill post it, Cause this was a fun day!! Haha love our purple wet suits!

1 comment:

the happyhowards said...

Alright you two...cut that out!!! :)