4/29/11

Day #4

4. The ring: tell us about it! did you pick it out? did he? pictures! tell us about his ring too!

The ring! The most important part of the wedding right? Hahah just kidding! But VERY important to a girl!

Well, I know lots of girls want to be surprised by the ring, and have their fiance pick it out for them and everything, but not me!!! I am a pretty picky girl. I'm not like a snobby picky, (don't want to make that impression by this post) I just have always had a vision of what I wanted my ring to look like. So Nate was totally cool with that, so we went ring shopping, and I remember feeling so weird, and so young. People who worked at the jewelry stores would look at us twice to see if it was a joke! Haha But it was fun!

So I totally had in my mind what I wanted but then we went to a jewelry store and I fell in love with this band! So me and Nate sorta both designed my ring off this band that I loved! And we were talking to the guy that worked there and he was saying he could do it, but it was going to be really pricey! Well we went home, not making a commitment b/c of the price. But a few days later, kinda weird that this happened at this exact time, my mom was in the bank and this guy was in there and they struck up a conversation, and guess what??? He is an lds guy who designs and custom makes rings! Guess what else??? he did the ring for us for like 1/3 of the price of JUST THE BAND at the other store with out all the extra stuff we were going to do to it! I was so happy! So he made the ring for us and it was ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL and even better than I imagined!!

I don't have a picture from when I first got it, so this picture taken from my phone, with my swollen pregnant fingers will have to do :)

No comments: